The Jolla Bunny Givewawa(*)
|lovely photo of Jolla by Antonio Ruiz García|
I have in my bunny paws one (1) Jolla smartphone device that I want to gift to a deserving person. This is not sponsored by Jolla, this is from me (Carol/bunny/cybette) personally. I bought this Jolla myself a few months ago (and I didn't even get to use the friend voucher that's been going around). Why do I want to give it away? Well, I already have my own Jolla (which I bought along with all of you "The First One"s) and I know there are people who need/deserve a Jolla and for some reason or other haven't gotten one yet. So this is for you.
(*) First let me explain the unlike name "Givewawa", sponsored by James of Jolla Users. It started as a typo but took a life of its own, because thinking of the terms and conditions for this givewawa made me cry wawa as I wanted to make it simple but it's anything but simple. See, this is how it goes:
It's pretty simple to join the givewawa, just add one (1) comment to this post with a reason why you need/deserve a Jolla. But before you do that, please read these T&C, and that's where things get complicated:
(This is my givewawa, so it gets done my wawa-way. If you don't agree, don't participate!)
1. You don't have to follow me anywhere, like/share/retweet any of my posts etc. to participate in this givewawa. However you need to comment on *this* post that you're reading now (unless somebody copied the post somewhere else, of which I'm not responsible for).
2. Don't mention me on twitter, DM me on Facebook, call/email/whatsapp me (I don't use whatsapp anyway) trying to enter this givewawa. The *only* way to join is to comment here. And just one comment please, making many comments does not increase your chance of getting the Jolla, and instead might piss me off so I won't choose you.
3. Speaking of choosing, *I* get to pick the person to get the Jolla. Not Jolla (the company), not by voting (those can be manipulated), not random lottery, not God, not Marc (sorry sir), not Iekku (sorry sis), not James (wawaboy), just me.
4. What impresses me: projects you've done (preferably open source or related to Sailfish OS, but doesn't have to be), people you have helped, communities you have contributed to, symphonies you have composed. What doesn't impress me: boot licking, bad mouthing others, saying "first!" (that's not a reason).
5. Be creative, but more importantly, be honest. Maybe you want to let your grandma experience Jolla. That's great! I love my grandma.
6. Note that I'm shipping the device from Finland. If you participate, you agree that if I choose to give the Jolla to you, you'll pay for shipping + applicable taxes to wherever you're located. Note again that outside Finland I'll have to ship via DHL/FedEx as Finnish post does not allow shipment including a battery, and it will cost upwards of 100€.
7. Care and warranty: Jolla's warranty only covers countries in the European Union, plus Norway and Switzerland. Keep that in mind. I may be able to answer some simple questions and direct you to TJC. For possible hardware issues, it'll help if you're in the covered countries when contacting Jolla Care. I won't provide swaps/exchanges.
8. If you're the chosen one, I will need to get some personal information from you like full name, email address, mailing address, phone number and whatever is needed to ship the package. Your info will not be shared with anyone (except the shipping company).
9. I will make my choice on/around November 12, 2014, and announce it on this blog. The person will need to respond within 4 days. Exact deadline will be given in the announcement post.
10. You are welcome to ask me questions, but it has already been answered/explained in these terms and conditions, that will count against your chances. If you've read diligently until here, you should be fine.
11. The usual clause about me (Carol/bunny/cybette) reserving the rights to change my mind anytime, I may decide nobody is qualified to get a Jolla, or I may be impressed enough to give away two. Being fickle is not always a bad thing.
Once again this givewawa is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Jolla (the company).
This givewawa is open to everyone above the age of 18, even Jolla employees (although you'll have to come up with a very convincing reason), in whichever country this is deemed legal (your responsibility to find out, not mine), as long as you agree to the T&C above (read carefully, especially #6 as it involves possible incurred cost on your part).